Johannesburg in the news:
- Cheika says Tupou yellow was wrong call, Kearns calls it 'disgraceful': Johannesburg: Australian coach Michael Cheika conceded his side did not take their opportunities in a 35-17 loss to South Africa but said Taniela … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Wallabies thumped 35-17 by Springboks at Ellis Park in Rugby Championship opener: The Wallabies have lost 35-17 to the Springboks at Ellis Park, continuing their 56-year hoodoo in Johannesburg partly due to Herschel Jantjies's … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Lenasia residents, alleged land invaders face off: Police have resorted to firing rubber bullets to disperse alleged land invaders in Lenasia, South of Johannesburg, while other residents marched on … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- An 18-year-old Garry Ringrose scores a 60 metre try in 2013: … fallen to South Africa 35-17 in the opening clash of the 2019 Mitsubishi Estate Rugby Championship at Emirates Airlines Park in Johannesburg. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- 'Disgraceful' – Phil Kearns launches tirade against referee: … 2019 Mitsubishi Estate Rugby Championship at Emirates Airlines Park in Johannesburg, but the 54th-minute decision to send off 'Tongan Thor' was … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Travelling to South Africa?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? Johannesburg is a large city in Gauteng Province of South Africa. It was established as a small village controlled by a Health Committee in 1886 with the discovery of an outcrop of a gold reef on the farm Langlaagte. The population of the city grew rapidly,becoming a municipality in 1897. In 1928 it became a city making Johannesburg the largest city in South Africa. In 2002 it joined ten other municipalities to form the City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality.
Read more on MyJHB.