To ensure road safety during the Easter Weekend, the eThekwini Metro Police, will continue to intensify their roadblocks throughout the City.
Apart from targeting drinking and driving and other forms of law infringements, the Metro Police will also be looking for those motorists who have outstanding traffic fines.
To avoid finding themselves on the wrong side of the law, motorists are urged to pay their outstanding fines at the following venues:
- Metro Police Head Quarters (15 Archie Gumede Place)
- Durban Court 21
- Queensburgh Metro Police
- All Sizakala Centers around the Municipality
- Via the EasyPay website (must have EasyPay reference number)
- Via EasyPay at Checkers, Pick ‘n Pay, Spar or any EasyPay outlet (must have the contravention notice with EasyPay logo and reference)
- Motorists can also deposit the money directly into the Metro Police bank account. This information is only provided telephonically or via e-mail correspondence.
As per norm, eThekwini will be expecting an influx of visitors from other provinces during the Easter Weekend. This will result in increased volumes of vehicles on the road. Road users are urged to be considerate when driving and ensure that their safety and that of other people is prioritised.
The Metro Police would like to wish all locals and visitors a safe and enjoyable Easter Weekend.