Event Details for Basic Project Management:
- Date/s: - 18/10/2017 - 20/10/2017
- Times: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Location: Provox Centre for Public Relations & Communication (PTY) Ltd.
- City: Randburg
Scroll down to see map and to leave a comment.
Basic Project Management – short course
Project management entails planning, organising, co-ordinating, controlling and directing the activities of a project. It is characterised by the application or implementation of actions and implies that management techniques are adapted to exercise more effective control over existing resources. Project management can also be regarded as a planning and control mechanism for using resources to achieve specific objectives.
All employees in an organisation may at times work with projects. This may bring you into contact with consultants, project teams and project managers. Whilst you may not manage specific projects it is important that you understand both the technical and managerial aspects of project management. This will ensure that you and your organisation can make an informed contribution to the projects and can monitor implementation and outcomes.
Project management requires special knowledge and skills. Many projects are cancelled before they are completed.
OUTCOMES covered are:
- Explain the nature of a project.
- Explain the nature and application of project management.
- Explain the types of structures that are found in a project environment.
- Explain the application of organisational structures in a project environment.
- Explain the major processes and activities required to manage a project.
COST: R 5 800 (Incl. VAT)