Event Details for Business Writing:
- Date/s: - 04/10/2017 - 06/10/2017
- Times: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Location: Provox Centre for Public Relations & Communication (PTY) Ltd.
- City: Randburg
Scroll down to see map and to leave a comment.
Business Writing – short courses
The course is aimed at people who need to improve their business writing skills in English. While first language speakers will benefit by refreshing their knowledge and skills, the course is especially helpful to second language English speakers.
The broad aim of this course is to develop the knowledge, skills and capabilities for effective business writing. Participants will also explore the underlying values and attitudes which convey respect for one’s audience when communicating. To communicate effectively in the business world learners will be trained to prepare clear, concise and professional English written communication.
OUTCOMES covered are:
1. Revisit the rules of proper grammar and understand sentence and paragraph fundamentals
2. Apply essential verbal and non-verbal strategies for effective communication.
3. Structure and compose a variety of texts using simple language to effectively communicate a message to a specific audience.
4 Write professional letters, memoranda, e-mails, and reports by reviewing standard.
5. Apply effective language skills through correction of grammatical mistakes in written texts.
6. Be confident to prepare and deliver a professional presentation within a business context.
7. Draw agendas for meetings and write concise minutes for efficient meeting management.
8. Review errors and assess accuracy through rigorously applying a checklist to your texts.
9. Learn the value of professional written communication in building good client relationships.
10. Plain information sorting, handling and storage procedures in line with organisational policy.
11. File new documentation and records in the filing system in line with organsational procedures.
COST: R 5 800 (Incl. VAT)