Event Details for Criris Communication & Reputation Management:
- Date/s: - 06/11/2017 - 07/11/2017
- Times: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Location: Provox Centre for Public Relations & Communication (PTY) Ltd.
- City: Randburg
Scroll down to see map and to leave a comment.
Crisis Communication & Reputation Management – short course
A crisis is an event that occurs suddenly, often unexpectedly, and demands a quick response. A crisis interferes with normal routines and creates uncertainty and stress. A crisis can be a natural event, such as an earthquake or a hurricane, or it can be man-made, such as an explosion, a scandal, or a conflict. Ultimately, it can threaten the reputation of a top official and an organisation. Crisis management, however, can not only preserve reputations and credibility but can also enhance them?
The key to effective crisis communication is to be prepared before a crisis occurs. Once an emergency happens, there is little time to think much less to plan. Without a crisis communications plan, you can be overwhelmed by events.The crisis communication plan ensures that you have a complete and ready-to-use document that clearly defines your goals, objectives and actions to be taken.
OUTCOMES covered are:
- Understand the nature of issues and crisis management
- Understand the importance of issues and crisis management
- Be familiar with different types of crisis
- Be aware of the different steps in the issues and crisis management process
- Understand the importance of proactive crisis communication planning
- Draw up a crisis management plan linked to organisational policy and procedures
- Communicating a crisis to employees and other important stakeholders
- Streamline the communication and media protocols for all organisations involved
- Establish a crisis communication task team with specific roles and duties
- Plan the resources for your organisation in a crisis
- Compile clear messages and identify the spokesperson
- Engage effectively with the media
- Engaging with partners/ stakeholders to best support communication responses
- Understand the importance of reputation management
COST: R 4 500 (Incl. VAT)