Event Details for DIARISE: 2017 FOOD AND BEER PAIRINGS:
- Date/s: - 15/07/2017
- Times: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Location: SAB World of Beer
- City: Johannesburg
Scroll down to see map and to leave a comment.
Back by popular demand, the SAB World of Beer kicks off its monthly food and beer pairings in February 2017.
“As a grain-based beverage, beer lends itself naturally to being paired with food, and even seasoned beer drinkers will be delighted by the artistic fusion of each course,” said Tony Rubin, general manager.
The beer-pairing lunches are held once a month on a Saturday at the five-star tourist attraction.
“The menu changes every month,” said Rubin. “But what remains consistent is guest experience – a five-course meal carefully crafted to pair with SAB brands.”
SAB Trade Brewer, Anton Erasmus, guides guests through the pairing – drawing attention to the mouthfeel, flavour and aroma of each beer and how it enhances the flavours and textures of the food.
Each pairing includes six SAB beers and a five course meal.
- Lightly curried butternut soup topped with a coriander cream and served with a cheese straw. Paired with Stella Artois.
- Fillet of hake poached in milk and scented with cumin, drizzled with a dill yoghurt and micro herbs. Paired with Hansa.
- Litchi Brutal Fruit granita. Paired with Brutal fruit Litchi.
- Peppered fillet of springbok carved on to a creamy mash potato, with Cumberland sauce, pearl vegetables and a pancetta crisp. Paired with Carling Black Label.
- A rich chocolate brownie with an espresso anglaise and a vanilla ice cream. Paired with Castle Milk Stout.
Costs: R 610 per person or R 1 200 per couple
Tickets are available on www.webtickets.co.za
For bookings and further information, contact Gabo on (011) 836 4900 or Events.Coemail@example.com
Last bookings accepted at 12h00 the Friday before, for catering purposes.
Regret no under 18’s.