Event Details for DIARISE: 2018 Food and Beer Pairings – Reloaded:
- Date/s: - 12/05/2018
- Times: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Location: SAB World of Beer
- City: Johannesburg
Scroll down to see map and to leave a comment.
The SAB World of Beer reloads its monthly food and beer pairings for 2018, started in February.
Each beer pairing experience focuses on finding the harmony between beer, a grain-based beverage, and food through pairing with simple or both rich and complex flavours.
“Beer lends itself naturally to being paired with food, and even seasoned beer drinkers will be delighted by the artistic fusion of each course,” said Felicia Mokoena, general manager of World of Beer.
The beer-pairing lunches are held once a month on a Saturday at the five-star tourist attraction in Newtown.
“With a varied menu every month, guests will experience a five-course meal carefully crafted to pair with SAB brands,” said Mokoena.
SAB Trade Brewer, Anton Erasmus, guides guests through the pairing – drawing attention to the mouthfeel, flavour and aroma of each beer and how it enhances the flavours and textures of the food.
Each pairing includes six SAB beers and a five course meal.
- Smoked salmon rosettes on a toasty bruschetta with cream cheese and deep fried capers- paired with Flying Fish Lemon
- Strawberry sorbet
- Fillet of springbok carved on creamy mashed potato with a pink peppercorn sauce, pearl vegetable and crispy pancetta – paired with Carling Blue Label
- Deep fried crumbed camembert cheese wedge with red onion marmalade served with a mini baguette – paired with Carling Black label
- Decadent chocolate brownie with espresso anglaise, berry coulis, vanilla ice cream and a phyllo fan – paired with Castle Milk Stout & Fransen Street No 3 Cream Ale
Cost: R 503 per person
Tickets are available on www.webtickets.co.za
For bookings and further information, contact Gabo on (011) 836 4900 or Events.Cofirstname.lastname@example.org
Last bookings accepted at 12h00 the Friday before, for catering purposes.
Regret no under 18’s.