Event Details for DIARISE: 2018 Food and Beer Pairings – Reloaded:
- Date/s: - 09/06/2018
- Times: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Location: SAB World of Beer
- City: Johannesburg
Scroll down to see map and to leave a comment.
The SAB World of Beer reloads its monthly food and beer pairings for 2018, started in February.
Each beer pairing experience focuses on finding the harmony between beer, a grain-based beverage, and food through pairing with simple or both rich and complex flavours.
“Beer lends itself naturally to being paired with food, and even seasoned beer drinkers will be delighted by the artistic fusion of each course,” said Felicia Mokoena, general manager of World of Beer.
The beer-pairing lunches are held once a month on a Saturday at the five-star tourist attraction in Newtown.
“With a varied menu every month, guests will experience a five-course meal carefully crafted to pair with SAB brands,” said Mokoena.
SAB Trade Brewer, Anton Erasmus, guides guests through the pairing – drawing attention to the mouthfeel, flavour and aroma of each beer and how it enhances the flavours and textures of the food.
Each pairing includes six SAB beers and a five course meal.
- Cold oak wood smoked salmon on a bed of crunchy baby leaves, rosa tomatoes and mandarin segments drizzled with ceviche dressing. Paired with Crystal Weiss
- Slow cooked Asian style pulled pork slider topped with creamy wasabi coleslaw and lightly sweetened maple syrup, served with paprika spiced potato wedges. Paired with Fransen Street No 3 Red Irish Ale
- Litchi granita. Paired with Brutal Fruit Litchi
- Cape Malay shrimp and chicken curry served with a duo of jasmine and plain basmati rice, chutney, sambals and a poppadum shard. Paired with Carling Blue Label
- Banoffee cheese cake with decadent chocolate crumble. Paired with Fransen Street No 3 Cream Ale
Cost: R 414 per person
Tickets are available on www.webtickets.co.za
For bookings and further information, contact Gabo on (011) 836 4900 or Events.Coemail@example.com
Last bookings accepted at 12h00 the Friday before, for catering purposes.
Regret no under 18’s.