Event Details for DIARISE: 2019 Food and Beer Pairing Experience:
- Date/s: - 13/04/2019
- Times: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Location: SAB World of Beer
- City: Johannesburg
Scroll down to see map and to leave a comment.
The SAB World of Beer’s monthly food and beer pairing experience for 2019 kicked off in February.
Each beer pairing experience focuses on finding the synergy between beer, a grain-based beverage, and food through pairing with simple or both rich and complex flavours.
“As a grain-based beverage, beer lends itself naturally to being paired with food, and even seasoned beer drinkers will be delighted by the artistic fusion of each course,” said Felicia Mokoena, general manager of World of Beer.
The beer-pairing lunches are held once a month on a Saturday at the five-star tourist attraction in Newtown.
“The menu changes every month,” said Mokoena. “But what remains consistent is guest experience – a five-course meal carefully crafted to pair with SAB brands.”
“We will also have a live band for our Valentine’s Month one – details to be confirmed in the new year,” said Mokoena.
SAB Trade Brewer, Anton Erasmus, guides guests through the pairing – drawing attention to the mouthfeel, flavour and aroma of each beer and how it enhances the flavours and textures of the food.
Each pairing includes six SAB beers and a five course meal.
- Ostrich carpaccio, topped with balsamic caramelised onions, parmesan shavings, served with garlic and herb bruschetta drizzled with a lime infused olive oil. Paired with Castle Lite
- Boerewors corn dogs served with tomato breedie. Paired with Hansa Pilsener
- A cold calamari and cucumber salad topped with sesame seeds. Paired with Corona Extra
- Butter chicken served with sambals and poppadum’s. Paired with Carling Black Label
- Decadent chocolate brownie with an espresso anglaise and vanilla ice cream. Paired with Castle Milk Stout Chocolate Infused
* Beers and menu subject to change
Tickets are available on www.webtickets.co.za
For bookings and further information, contact events on (011) 836 4900 or Events.Cofirstname.lastname@example.org
Last bookings accepted at 12h00 the Friday before, for catering purposes.
Regret no under 18’s.