Event Details for Discworld Day – The Turtle Moves:
- Date/s: - 04/11/2017
- Times: 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Location: The Moors Castle
- City: Jhb
Scroll down to see map and to leave a comment.
“Ankh-Morpork! Pearl of cities! This is not a completely accurate description, of course — it was not round and shiny — but even its worst enemies would agree that if you had to liken Ankh-Morpork to anything, then it might as well be a piece of rubbish covered with the diseased secretions of a dying mollusc.”
THE FIRST ANNUAL DISCWORLD DAY: 2017 – THE TURTLE MOVES
We invite you to discover the streets of Ankh-Morpork, the greatest city of the Discworld. A folklorique network of old lanes, squares and alleys for your walking pleasure. Wherre exitement and trolls lurke arounde everry corner and much may be heard the traditional street cries of old time also the laughing visages of the denuizens as they goe about their business private.
All guilds are welcome, so if you fancy yourself as an artificer, a seamstress, an assassin or a clown, you’ll be sure to be in good company along The Street of Cunning Artificers.
LIMITED NO OF TICKETS available from Quicket – http://qkt.io/DiscworldDay2017
Online – R60.00
At the Gate on the day – R80.00
Kids under 12 FREE
Dogs and unruly luggages to be kept on leashes at all times.
Map to Venue: https://goo.gl/maps/PJUep3oPvgT2
PLEASE BE AWARE: There is a 2km dirt road to our venue. It is suitable for most normal cars but not for vehicles with very low suspension as there are speed bumps on it.
• An Ankmorpork Adventure: Seek! Hustle! Build! Conjur!
Enter as a single person or with a team of wizzards, complete the tasks as laid out for you by the Patrician.
• Fabricati diem, pvnc: test your mettale and train with the City Watch, they are recuiting!
• The presence of beer always greases the rungs of the evolutionary ladder so make sure your Inn-sewer-ants-polly-seas are up to date and join us in The Mended Drum.
Expect a test of wits, much revelry and many barbarians.
• The Discworld Dress Up will happen in Pseudopolis Yard. Embody your favourite character and be victorious. Win Thynngs.
• The great Wizards of the Unseen University invite you to engage in battles of Cripple Mr Onion, Thud! and the likes. Can you beat the brightest of the Discworld?
• Burnt crunchy bits, dwarf bread, rat onna stick and other local delicacies can be found between Harga’s House of Ribs and the Curry Gardens, so weary travellers and brave explorers will not have holes in their tummies. Keep an eye out for Cut-me-own-Throat Dibbler.
• The Muntab Moving Pictures House invites those of a sloth-ier disposition to rest their weary rears upstairs in the Patrician’s Castle, munch on banged grains and be enveloped in the screenings of Sir Terry Pratchett’s visual fantastical-ness.
• Garstairs Stables offers the usual range of equestrian services to the sons and daughters of gentlefolk.