Event Details for FOOD AND BEER PAIRINGS FOR THE REMAINDER OF 2017:
- Date/s: - 23/09/2017
- Times: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Location: SAB World of Beer
- City: Johannesburg
Scroll down to see map and to leave a comment.
SAB World of Beer has set dates for monthly food and beer pairing lunches for the remainder of 2017.
Anton Erasmus, SAB Trade Brewer, takes guests through the pairing journey and draws attention to the mouthfeel, flavours and aromas of each beer and how it enhances the flavours and textures of the food.
“Beer and food are the perfect marriage – because beer IS food,” Erasmus said.
“Beer has many different characteristics thanks to its varied ingredients, with hundreds of malted barley varieties, yeast strains and hops, which make it pair beautifully with food – from sweet desserts to hot spicy dishes, depending on the beer style.”
The beer-pairing lunches are held once a month on a Saturday at the five-star tourist attraction.
“We change the menu every month and guests have become accustomed to a five-course meal that is carefully crafted to pair with SAB brands,” said Tony Rubin, general manager at SAB World of Beer.
Each pairing includes six SAB beers and a five-course meal.
- Ostrich carpaccio, topped with balsamic caramelised onions, parmesan shavings, served with garlic and herb bruschetta drizzled with a lime infused olive oil. Paired with Castle Lite.
- Boerewors corn dogs served with tomato breedie. Paired with Hansa.
- A cold calamari and cucumber salad topped with sesame seeds. Paired with Corona.
- Butter chicken served with sambals and poppadum’s. Paired with Carling Black Label.
- Decadent chocolate brownie with and espresso anglaise and vanilla ice cream. Paired with Chocolate Milk Stout.
Cost: R 345 per person
Tickets are available on www.webtickets.co.za
For bookings and further information, contact Crystal on (011) 836 4900 or Crystal.VanHelsdingen@za.ab-inbev.com
Last bookings accepted at 12h00 the Friday before, for catering purposes.
Regret no under 18’s.