Event Details for FOOD AND BEER PAIRINGS FOR THE REMAINDER OF 2017:
- Date/s: - 19/08/2017
- Times: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Location: SAB World of Beer
- City: Johannesburg
Scroll down to see map and to leave a comment.
SAB World of Beer has set dates for monthly food and beer pairing lunches for the remainder of 2017.
Anton Erasmus, SAB Trade Brewer, takes guests through the pairing journey and draws attention to the mouthfeel, flavours and aromas of each beer and how it enhances the flavours and textures of the food.
“Beer and food are the perfect marriage – because beer IS food,” Erasmus said.
“Beer has many different characteristics thanks to its varied ingredients, with hundreds of malted barley varieties, yeast strains and hops, which make it pair beautifully with food – from sweet desserts to hot spicy dishes, depending on the beer style.”
The beer-pairing lunches are held once a month on a Saturday at the five-star tourist attraction.
“We change the menu every month and guests have become accustomed to a five-course meal that is carefully crafted to pair with SAB brands,” said Tony Rubin, general manager at SAB World of Beer.
Each pairing includes six SAB beers and a five-course meal.
- Smoked salmon rosettes on a toasty bruschetta with cream cheese and deep-fried capers- paired with flying fish lemon.
- Strawberry sorbet.
- Fillet of springbok carved on creamy mashed potato with a pink peppercorn sauce, pearl vegetable and crispy pancetta- paired with Carling Blue Label.
- Deep fried crumbed camembert cheese wedge with red onion marmalade served with a mini baguettes- paired with Carling Black Label.
- Decadent chocolate brownie with espresso anglaise, berry coulis, vanilla ice cream and a phyllo fan – paired with Castle Milk Stout & cream ale
Cost: R 450 per person
Tickets are available on www.webtickets.co.za
For bookings and further information, contact Crystal on (011) 836 4900 or Crystal.VanHelsdingen@za.ab-inbev.com
Last bookings accepted at 12h00 the Friday before, for catering purposes.
Regret no under 18’s.