Event Details for GREEN BEER FOR ST PATRICK’S DAY:
- Date/s: - 13/03/2018 - 19/03/2018
- Times: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Location: SAB World of Beer
- City: Johannesburg
Scroll down to see map and to leave a comment.
It is the time of year when pubs and taverns around the world create traditional green beer for St Patrick’s Day.
SAB World of Beer, the five-star tourist attraction in the heart of Newtown, Johannesburg, will host its annual beer tour linked to the Irish tradition.
“From 13 – 19 March 2018, you will be able to sip on green Castle Draught in the Lion Bar during our fun and informative tour (don’t worry, it is just a drop of food colouring),” said Felicia Mokoena, SAB World of Beer Manager.
- Cost: R125 per person, beer tour
- Includes: Two beers, a commemorative glass, and a guided tour.
No under 18’s are permitted to consume alcohol.
“To get the luck of the Irish, we encourage tour-goers to wear something green and join in on the fun,” said Mokoena.
For those craving some hearty Irish dishes – savoury and sweet – can pop upstairs to the Taproom for:
- St Paddy’s stout pie with dipping gravy and potato wedges,
- Crispy pork belly with mashed cabbage potatoes and Irish Ale gravy,
- Irish Shepherd’s pie with Irish cabbage salad,
- St Patrick’s chocolate brownie trifle, and
- Apple berry crumble with Irish whisky cream.