Event Details for ICF South Africa Conference:
- Date/s: - 20/10/2017
- Times: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Location: Kirstenbosch Gardens Conference Centre
- City: Cape Town
Scroll down to see map and to leave a comment.
We are pleased to invite you to ICF SA National and International Conference on the 20th October 2017 at the beautiful Kirstenbosch Gardens, Cape Town. This event is designed for coaches as well as people involved in the development and delivery of coaching, particularly in the African context. It will be of value to leaders and managers, HR professionals, trainers, mentors – anyone involved in people development and transformation.
This will be an action-packed, dynamic and engaging experience that will help you meet potential friends, mentors and collaborators. You will leave the Conference with practical solutions, meaningful relationships and inspiration for the future of our industry. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to expand your network of resources and referrals and take your business to a new level.
We have an impressive line-up for this full-day conference featuring a combination of keynote presentations as well as thought-provoking and participatory workshop sessions.
Opening sessions: 9 – 10:30am
- Welcoming and framing.
- Keynote performance: Award-winning documentary film maker Craig Foster will delight and surprise you with his multimedia experience Sea Change, a unique project combining cutting-edge documentary photography with multiple fields of scientific study. He will give you a new vision for human evolution and the role that African consciousness has played in the great human story.
Morning sessions: 11 – 12:45pm
- Presentation: Colman Elridge, Vice President for ICF Membership, introduces the topic The future world of work and its implications for coaches.
- Panel discussion: The topic will be unpacked by the panellists – Yoni Titi on The Gig Economy, Keith Mould on Artificial Intelligence, Tumi Moloto on costing coaching in a shifting market and Pierre Janssens on achieving financial freedom.
- Interaction: Interact with the panellists via a kitchen table process.
Early afternoon: 2 – 3pm
Explore and expand. Earn core competency CCEUs. Select the workshop that is just right for your uniqueness and future:
- Leadership Maturity with Paddy Pampallis
- Ethics and Decisionmaking with Janet Wilson, ICF UK President
- Physician Burnout with Zeina Ghossoub
- Coaches’ responses to future world of work challenges with Simone leHane
- Coaching Supervision – Mentor Coaching: similarities, differences, benefits
Afternoon: 3 – 4pm
Short, thought-provoking TED-style talks from:
- Robert Farndell: A better future starts tomorrow with better decisions today
- Annabe Tredoux: Reflecting on coaching older people
- Svea van der Hoorn: Professional Coaching’s unique contribution to Mental Health
- Joshua Awesome: Secret Steps to the Peak, no dream is too extreme
Networking and reflection: 4 – 6pm
Closing events include active networking over tea and an optional guided walk around part of Kirstenbosch as you connect with fellow participants and reflect on the day’s learnings.
BONUS FOR ICF COACHES: 7 CCEUs applied for
Events happen at the Old Mutual Conference Centre in the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, with the possibility of taking some activities out into the open air. Lunch and refreshments are at Moyo restaurant in Kirstenbosch.