Event Details for Managing Media Relations & Conferences:
- Date/s: - 13/09/2017 - 15/09/2017
- Times: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Location: Provox Centre for Public Relations & Communication (PTY) Ltd.
- City: Randburg
Scroll down to see map and to leave a comment.
Managing Media Relations & Conferences short course
This short course is aimed at learners across a multitude of sectors, but was specifically developed for the public relations practitioner. Upon completion of this course learners will be able to determine the media suitable for specific target audiences and describe the systems which should be put in place for briefing the media. Learners will also be able to explain the activities that promote mutual understanding and relationships between the parties and to supply information to the media in the format that best suits their needs. Further, learners will also be able to evaluate media coverage in terms of effectiveness. Finally, learners will be able to plan for a media conference taking into consideration the resources required and be able to schedule the media conference and prepare the programme, media kits and support materials as well as set up a venue for the media conference.
OUTCOMES covered are:
- Identify appropriate media to suit the target audience.
- Develop and manage mechanisms for interacting with the media.
- Respond to media queries.
- Evaluate media coverage.
- Plan a media conference.
- Prepare media information material.
- Organise the media conference.
COST: R 5 800 (Incl. VAT)