Event Details for NEW BEER TOUR – INSIDE LOOK AT A BREWERY:
- Date/s: - 08/04/2017
- Times: 6:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Location: SAB World of Beer
- City: Johannesburg
Scroll down to see map and to leave a comment.
The SAB World of Beer has announced dates for a monthly beer tour with Alrode Brewery starting March 2017.
The new service offering by the five-star tourist attraction is in response to consumer and tourist requests to experience the behind-the-scenes of a large brewery.
“We are pleased to offer the same popular experience here in Gauteng as the Newlands Brewery in Cape Town offers its residents and tourists,” said Tony Rubin, general manager of SAB World of Beer.
The beer tour starts at SAB World of Beer with the history of beer – including a step into Hathor’s tomb to watch a fun holographic video; a taste of traditional beer while sitting in a mock African village; meet Charles Glass; explore the hop-growing process in the green field, visit Table Bay in Cape Town in 1652, travel through the mining town in old Johannesburg during the gold rush; and end off in the African Lion Pub for a mini pint of beer where guests get a keepsake commemorative glass.
Guests are then taken by shuttle to the Alrode Brewery, half an hour away, to see first-hand, how beer is brewed – starting with the brewing process in the brew house and ending with packaging.
Veteran and SAB trade brewer, Anton Erasmus, guides this part of the tour with his vast industry knowledge and keeps guests both informed and entertained along the way.
“Alrode Brewery can bottles up to 22 million bottles a week– you have to actually see it, to believe it,” said Erasmus.
The tour ends with guests returned to SAB World of Beer for a late lunch and a pint in the Taproom, overlooking the city.
- Time: Arrival 09h30 for prompt departure to the Alrode Brewery at 10h00
10h30 arrive at Alrode brewery and brewery tour
12h30 returned to SAB World of Beer and start beer tour
13h00 lunch and refreshments in the Tap room
- Cost: R 424 per person
- Host: SAB World of Beer tour guide and Anton Erasmus, SAB Trade Brewer
- Transport to and from Alrode Brewery.
- Beverage and snack on the shuttle to the brewery.
- Every afternoon braai upon your return to SAB World of Beer.
- Secure under cover parking on the premises
Terms and conditions
- Advance booking essential – minimum of 20 people per tour and maximum of 50 people per tour.
- Regret no under 18s.
- Wear closed, comfortable shoes for the Alrode Brewery tour.
- Unfortunately, the Alrode Brewery is not wheelchair or walking aid friendly.
To book, contact SAB World of Beer on (011) 836 4900 or firstname.lastname@example.org