Event Details for Seminar: Mental health problems in the workplace:
- Date/s: - 12/05/2017
- Times: 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Location: Radisson Blu Hotel Port Elizabeth
- City: Port Elizabeth
Scroll down to see map and to leave a comment.
INVITATION: Friday, 12 May 2017
South Africa still has a culture of silence surrounding mental health problems in the workplace. Employers and employees are unwilling to talk openly about conditions such as anxiety and depression for fear of association with weakness and failure. However, healthy employees are productive employees. Investing in a mentally healthy workforce is good business. It can curb medical costs, increase productivity, decrease absenteeism, and prevent and decrease disability costs. Investing in mental health also improves employee motivation, staff retention and competitiveness.
Hosted by The University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB) the following experts will share their insight on the day:
• Prof Piet Naudé, Director, USB: The ethical responsibility of leadership to enable multi-dimensional staff wellness.
• Dr Renata Schoeman, Private Psychiatrist; Part-time Senior Lecturer: Leadership, USB: Clinical aspects of common mental health problems such as burnout and the importance of self-care.
• Dr Tienie Stander, CEO, TCD Outcomes: The value of technology in corporate wellness assessments, interventions and outcome measurements.
• Prof Christoffel Grobler, Associate professor, Walter Sisulu University; Clinical Head, Elizabeth Donkin hospital: The prevention and assessment of disability.
DATE: Friday, 12 May 2017
VENUE: Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth
TIME: 08:30 – 13:30
COST: Free of charge