A MyJHB.co.za selected Mary Fitzgerald Square video for you:
1. Wide of crowd watching Mexico V South Africa match in giant screens at official Fan Fest Park in Mary Fitzgerald Square
2. Medium of crowd watching match in giant screens at official Fan Fest Park in Mary Fitzgerald Square
3. Fans surge
4. People fall over barriers
5. Various of people trying to get up, one injured woman is helped to sit down by nearby wall
6. Zoom into man putting up barriers, his T-shrit is stained with blood
7. People tending to injured woman (out of shot)
8. People watching scene
9. Various of people tending injured woman
10. Wide of crowd
11. Two shots of medic tending to injured woman
12. Wide of crowd
Thousands of South African football fans anxiously followed the opening match of the 2010 World Cup in giant screens at the Official Fan Fest Parks dotted across Johannesburg on Friday.
Mary Fitzgerald Square Fan Fest Park, which can accommodate 25,000 people, was packed as the Mexico V South Africa game kicked off at around 1600 local time (1400gmt).
A few minutes after the start of the match, a group of fans surged over the protective barriers, sending a few in the front rows onto the ground.
At least one woman appeared to be injured.
You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/4f9dddeebcdb3dc0f32b2600cc336c94
Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork
CLICK HERE to submit your favourite Johannesburg video.
The video was automatically curated and published with the WordPress WP Robot plugin – CLICK HERE to learn more about WP Robot for WordPress.
Visit the MyPE YouTube Channel.
Read more on MyJHB.