South Africa will mark the 100 days support campaign for the Springboks in Soweto on Wednesday before the start of the IRB World Cup in New Zealand in September.
“We are the defending champions, and we will remain as such come the end of the world cup spectacle,” he said while briefing Parliamentarians on his budget policy statement.
“Let us continue to fly the South African flag high. Let us rally behind all our national teams and wear our favourite jerseys. We did it for the Proteas,” he said.
Mbalula also urged South Africans to rally behind the Netball team as it will also be participating on the global championship tournament in Singapore in July.
“Let us do it for netball team, (amaNtombazana), and the Springboks (amaBhokoBhoko) as they go out to conquer the world.
“As an active and winning nation, South Africa should celebrate our athletes and sport luminaries who excel in the field of play in South Africa and abroad,” he said. – Nthambeleni Gabara, BuaNews
- BMW named as official vehicle sponsor of the Springboks (myza.co.za)
- SARU Confirms Smit as Springbok World Cup Skipper (myza.co.za)
- Bismarck just wants to play (sharksupporter.wordpress.com)
- Springboks keep faith in captain Smit (3news.co.nz)
- Springboks Favourites For World Cup (journclassof2012.wordpress.com)
- John Smit to lead Springboks Rugby World Cup defence (sportingo.com)