It’s almost time for Africa’s biggest décor, design and lifestyle exhibition to kick off, with the first instalment, Decorex Durban, taking place at the Durban Exhibition Centre from 19-22 March 2020. This prestigious showcase of the latest products and trends from top designers, décor professionals and industry experts is always hotly anticipated – and the 2020 instalment will be even bigger and better than before!
The overarching theme for Decorex Africa 2020 is ‘Lifestyle by Design’, an embracive approach that allows you to design your life the way you want it to be. Lifestyle by Design is about freedom, reclaiming your time and doing things you like. This is essentially illustrated through design and looking to future trends when curating your own personal space.
According to Decorex Africa’s Creative Director Anita Bloom, who coined this year’s theme: “Design is the essence of life and speaks to our collective search for the things that bring us essential happiness. Through our constantly changing lifestyles and the urge to create sanctuaries in our home spaces, we find those moments of calm and empowerment, as well as optimism and luxury. Beauty needs space to flourish, and Decorex presents a canvas onto which exquisite design is curated, celebrated and experienced.”
Visitors will find this year’s theme illustrated by a wide range of fabulous installations that talk to the latest trends.
• Insta-Interiors – a brand-new feature showcasing the latest décor trends to hit the African shores, including New Nordic, Contemporary Organic, Afro/Tribal meets European Mix, Modern Chinoiserie and the Neon trend
• 2020 Trends Installation – another brand-new feature showcasing Decorex Creative Director Anita Bloom’s top ten trends for the year in situ
• Instudio Trend Theatre (a free-flow forum where leading design influencers, manufacturers and décor professionals share their insights)
• Gourmet Cooking Theatre built by Natal Kitchens (where local cooking talents cook up a storm)
• Gourmet with Love (a showcase of the best in kitchenware)
• Kitchen Design Project (local kitchen designers create themed kitchens)
• Trend Kitchen by Cosentino (where living areas melt into the working areas of the kitchen)
• #withlovefromDecorex featuring Mobelli Furniture + Living (a selection of gorgeous contemporary furniture chosen by the Decorex team)
• Mobelli Furniture + Living Trend House – Urban Living by Design (including a home space that reflects the Durban lifestyle)
• Bathroom by Design (introducing trends from some of Durban’s top bathroom suppliers)
• Designer Spotlight – Frans Alexander Interiors (highlighting inspiration from one of Durban’s leading interior design and decor companies)
• Designer Pavilion (a dynamic installation featuring local designers’ interpretation of the theme ‘Lifestyle by Design’)
• Fabric Trend Bar (the latest in decorative fabrics and trimmings for the corporate, hospitality and residential décor market)
• Outdoor Living Collab (the latest in garden equipment, technology and landscaping)
• Appliance feature by Tafelberg (the finest appliances and home technology from Tafelberg)
• Apartment project (a collaboration with one of South Africa’s top furniture and décor suppliers along with two interior designers styling two apartments)• Lighting by Design (a collaboration with one of South Africa’s top lighting suppliers)
“The Decorex Durban programme presents a range of new, exciting installations that engage with global trends within an African context,” explains Sian Cullingworth, portfolio director at Reed Exhibitions. “Top designers, manufacturers and suppliers will share their take on current trends, interpreting what Lifestyle by Design is all about.”
After this stimulating array of #inspo and solutions that will allow you to design your home the way you want it to be, you can recharge at the many cafés, bars and restaurants on site – the Wine + Bubbly Bar, Illy’s Coffee Bar, the Neon Gin Jungle, The Urban Beerhouse, The Tribe Restaurant and The Art Café. Expect locally sourced ingredients, internationally acclaimed wines, local craft beers and so much more! In addition, there’ll be a market at the event on Friday, 20 March 2020.
As ever, Decorex Durban will provide a powerhouse of inspiration for the interior design, décor and architectural industries and is hosting a special trade-focused day on Friday, 20 March 2020. Members of the profession will receive complimentary trade access to the show if they register online ahead of the event. Trade professionals who do not pre-register online will be able to purchase trade access tickets at the gate at a reduced rate.
Adults – R95
Students/Pensioners – R85
Kids U12 – R20
Trade/Exhibitor – R85
TRADE FOCUSED DAYS
Friday, 20 March 2020
Friday, 20 March 2020
Fri – 10am-8pm
Thu, Sat & Sun – 10am-6pm
CLICK HERE to submit your press release to MyPR.co.za.
Submit your own Press Release or get free content for your publication.
Video – How to post your Press Release on MyPR:
My Press Release (MyPR) provides free South African targeted content and press releases for on and off line publishers and media. Registering on MyPR enables public relations companies and practitioners to post articles under their own author name. Public Relations Companies and practitioners, event organisers, sports and political writers use MyPR as a distribution mechanism for their press releases, content, images and news. A forever free subscription allows publishers and media free access to all press releases, content and images on MyPR.
This press release is courtesy of MyPR.co.za and was automatically curated and published with WP Robot plugin – CLICK HERE to learn more about WP Robot for WordPress – a massive time and money saver.