Johannesburg in the news:
- IN PICTURES | Chaos as cops return to confiscate illegal goods in Joburg CBD: It was a day of chaos in Johannesburg's city centre on Wednesday, when the police raided the CBD to confiscate counterfeit goods. Reporters on the … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Reserve Bank's Kganyago Spurns Talk of South Africa Needing IMF Aid: “We are not there yet,” he said after listing the conditions that would prompt an IMF package when asked by reporters at a lunch in Johannesburg. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Raids against foreign-owned shops nothing personal, not xenophobic – Cele: In carrying out raids on foreign-owned shops that sell counterfeit goods in the Johannesburg central business district the South African Police Service … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- South Africa's rand drops to 11-month low as growth outlook darkens: JOHANNESBURG, Aug 7 (Reuters) – South Africa's rand fell to touch an 11-month low on Wednesday, rocked by deepening concerns about the … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- UPDATE 1-South Africa's rand drops to 11-month low as growth outlook darkens: (Recasts with milestone). JOHANNESBURG, Aug 7 (Reuters) – South Africa's rand fell to touch an 11-month low on Wednesday, rocked by deepening … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Travelling to South Africa?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? While Johannesburg has a reputation as one of the most dangerous cities in the world, it takes an average of only 60 seconds for police to respond to a crime scene in the central business district (CBD). There is a CCTV system that covers every street corner and scanning vehicle licence plates.
Read more on MyJHB.