This #State Theatre tagged image is courtesy of Flickr. Click on the Flickr account holder below the photograph to see more.
Image by Onasill ~ Bill Badzo
The theatre was originally called the Seneca Theatre and built by the Schine Chain to replace an aging venue a couple of blocks up the street. The building was designed by John and Drew Eberson. Construction was started in 1941 just before the outbreak of WWII.