Johannesburg in the news:
- Ramaphosa to announce cabinet later in the week: JOHANNESBURG – The cabinet announcement will not be made on Monday, but later in the week, that's according to the Presidency. Some media … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Soweto school proves quality education possible in townships: JOHANNESBURG – With the online applications underway in Gauteng, the race is on to secure a place at the province's top public schools. However … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Samwu blasts Joburg City's job-creation programme: The South African Municipal Workers Union (Samwu) wants to meet management in the City of Johannesburg after the announcement of an initiative … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Limpopo police condemn killing of 3 men in mob justice attack: JOHANNESBURG – Police in Ga-Wally village outside Tzaneen, Limpopo have condemned the killing of three men in a mob justice attack in the early … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- SANDF says man in parachute accident at inauguration is not in ICU: JOHANNESBURG – The SANDF has rejected claims that a member of its sky diving free-fall team is in intensive care after crashing into a rocket … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Visiting Port Elizabeth?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? The city is very leafy: According to the City of Johannesburg website, there are 1.2 million trees within parks and on pavements and an estimated 4.8 million trees in private gardens. Many regard the city as the world’s biggest man-made forest, but this fact is disputed. Unofficial claims say that Johannesburg has 10 million trees. In 2013, New York City had 5.2 million trees and was planning to plant another million by 2017. New York City has a population of more than 8 million people.
Read more on MyJHB.