Johannesburg in the news:
- Rugby Championship: Herschel Jantjies' debut double for South Africa crushes Australia: This had looked like a rare opportunity in Johannesburg for the Australians, what with Rassie Eramus sending the guts of a first-choice Springbok … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- The Wallabies lose their rugby championship opener: The Wallabies have lost their rugby championship opener, going down 35 to 17 to the springboks at Ellis Park. Australia was looking for its first win in … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Rookie Jantjies completes dream debut as Springboks thump Australia: South Africa's Herschel Jantjies scores a try against Australia in their Rugby Championship match at the Ellis Park Stadium in Johannesburg … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Harry Johnson-Holmes wants schnitzel promotion after Wallabies debut: … while in the middle of eating a schnitzel at a Sydney pub, Wallabies prop Harry Johnson-Holmes got his first taste of Test rugby in Johannesburg. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Herschel Jantjies scores two tries on his debut as South Africa beat Australia 35‑17: Australia were looking for their first win in Johannesburg since 1963 but despite some strong individual performances, again they fell short. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Visiting Port Elizabeth?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? FNB Stadium is the largest stadium in Africa: The stadium has 195 executive suites and a capacity of 94,736. The stadium was completed in 1989 and renovated in 2009 just in time for the 2010 FIFA World Cup. FNB Stadium is the home ground of Kaizer Chiefs FC and has hosted various sporting events and concerts. Guns N’ Roses, Foo Fighters, Rihanna, Bruce Springsteen, Kings of Leon, Linkin Park, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Eagles, Neil Diamond, Coldplay, Metallica and a long list of other famous artists have performed here.
Read more on MyJHB.