Johannesburg in the news:
- South African musician, activist Johnny Clegg dead at 66: Born in England, Clegg's family settled in Johannesburg, where he was exposed to Zulu music and dance at an early age. Much of what he learned … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Johnny Clegg, Who Battled Apartheid With Music, Is Dead at 66: … an international audience and stood as an emblem of resistance to the apartheid authorities in his adopted land, died on Tuesday in Johannesburg. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- South African musician Johnny Clegg dies at 66: JOHANNESBURG >> Johnny Clegg, a South African musician who performed in defiance of racial barriers imposed under the country's apartheid … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Johnny Clegg, South Africa's 'White Zulu', dies at 66: The Grammy-nominated artist – often called the "White Zulu" – died peacefully on Tuesday at his home in Johannesburg with his family there, his … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Johnny Clegg, the South African singer, has died at age 66: The 66-year-old died on Tuesday at his family home in Johannesburg, South Africa. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2015 but continued … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Visiting Port Elizabeth?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? It’s not the only place in the world called Johannesburg: There’s a town called Johannesburg in California in the USA. It was named by miners who worked the gold mines in Johannesburg, South Africa and has an estimated population of less than 2,000.
Read more on MyJHB.