The flowers are in bloom, the weather is warming up, and many are shedding their winter skin to embrace the freshness of the new season. Ah, it’s almost Spring! Winter, with its comfort foods and short, dark days has likely left you with a lot less energy than during warmer months when sun and fresh produce are plentiful. Now that we are moving into a new season of life, it is essential to clean out the body and mind of whatever might have stockpiled over these past few cold months.
We usually think of spring cleaning as housework, but the new season is also the perfect time to refresh your mind and body as well. Yuvati Shah, owner or Spa Royal at Royal Palm Hotel Umhlanga, shares 5 tips on how to spring clean your mind, body and soul.
1) Get a massage: Massage treatments such as the deep tissue massage, aromatherapy or detoxifying massage is a great way to free yourself of tension and relax. A growing body of research supports the health benefits of massage therapy for conditions such as stress, fibromyalgia, low-back pain and more.
2) Meditate: There are thousands of studies that have shown mindfulness meditation can positively impact mental and physical health. Whether it’s by reducing stress, improving sleep, increasing focus, or improving relationships, research shows mindfulness works.
3) Drink Green Tea: According to Medical News Today, recent studies have shown green tea can potentially have positive effects on everything from weight loss to liver disorders, type 2 diabetes, and Alzheimer’s disease.
4) Eat mood-boosting foods: You’ve probably heard the saying ‘You are what you eat’ but most people don’t take it literally. What you eat actually plays a vital role in how you feel. Many of us crave indulgent carbohydrates like cookies, candy, ice cream, pretzels, and other sweet and starchy foods when we’re stressed, anxious, or tense. While these foods might lift your mood, chances are it will only be temporary. Try snacking on bananas, salmon, chicken, turkey, almond nuts, lentils, avocado, bell peppers or sun flower seeds instead. These foods can have a soothing effect in some women, and it may have something to do those women who experience low serotonin (a brain chemical responsible for feelings of calmness and relaxation) levels during these mood states. It is thought that consuming these foods helps boost serotonin levels, which results in feelings of contentedness and happiness.
5) Exercise Daily: The health benefits of regular exercise and physical activity are hard to ignore. Everyone benefits from exercise, regardless of age, sex or physical ability. Exercise has been shown to improve your mood and decrease feelings of depression, anxiety and stress. It produces changes in the parts of the brain that regulate stress and anxiety. It can also increase brain sensitivity for the hormones serotonin and norepinephrine, which relieve feelings of depression.
If you are needing a little pick me up to get rid of the winter slump before Spring gets into full swing, book a treatment at the Spa Royale at Royal Palm Hotel, Umhlanga on 031 566 1286 or email email@example.com.
CLICK HERE to submit your press release to MyPR.co.za.
Submit your own Press Release or get free content for your publication.
Video – How to post your Press Release on MyPR:
My Press Release (MyPR) provides free South African targeted content and press releases for on and off line publishers and media. Registering on MyPR enables public relations companies and practitioners to post articles under their own author name. Public Relations Companies and practitioners, event organisers, sports and political writers use MyPR as a distribution mechanism for their press releases, content, images and news. A forever free subscription allows publishers and media free access to all press releases, content and images on MyPR.
This press release is courtesy of MyPR.co.za and was automatically curated and published with WP Robot plugin – CLICK HERE to learn more about WP Robot for WordPress – a massive time and money saver.