Johannesburg in the news:
- WATCH: SANDF, SAA wow crowds at Ramaphosa's inauguration: JOHANNESBURG – The South African National Defence Force and South African Airways put on a spectacular display at President Cyril … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- These photos of everyday South Africans show the country's lived realities long after apartheid: For over thirty years, Market Photo Workshop a nonprofit education center in Johannesburg has followed in the footsteps of its founder, David Goldblatt … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Mapimpi stars, Jantjies struggles as Sharks tame Lions: Johannesburg (AFP) – Coastal Sharks winger Makazole Mapimpi scored an intercept try on 60 minutes to set up a 27-17 triumph over fellow South … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- PICTURES: SAA A340s join presidential inauguration flypast: The aircraft (ZS-SNE and ZS-SNH) departed Johannesburg's OR Tambo international airport and circled south-east of Pretoria's Loftus Versfeld … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- IN PICTURES: Ramaphosa's inauguration: JOHANNESBURG – Thousands of South Africans attended President Cyril Ramaphosa's inauguration on Saturday at Loftus Versfeld Stadium. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Reach Trust for Solar and Building Management?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? Stone-walled ruins of Sotho–Tswana towns and villages are scattered around the parts of the former Transvaal in which Johannesburg is situated. Many of these sites contain the ruins of Sotho–Tswana mines and iron smelting furnaces, suggesting that the area was being exploited for its mineral wealth before the arrival of Europeans or the discovery of gold. The most prominent site within Johannesburg is Melville Koppies, which contains an iron smelting furnace.
Read more on MyJHB.