Johannesburg in the news:
- WATCH: Tens of thousands of litres of alcohol go down drain in Johannesburg: Gauteng police poured 630 000 litres of alcohol, which were confiscated from illegal liquor outlets, down the drain on Friday. Lieutenant General Elias … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Joburg health condemns attack on 6 Protea South Clinic nurses: JOHANNESBURG – Johannesburg Health and Social Development MMC Mpho Phalatse has condemned the attack on workers at Protea South Clinic … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Seth Nthai fights back, says appeal bid an attempt to 'harass, frustrate and drain' him: Nthai's decision comes after the Johannesburg Society of Advocates (JSA) filed an application for leave to appeal the High Court ruling allowing him … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- No cold front this weekend, says SA Weather Service: Johannesburg – The South African Weather Services has dismissed reports that the country would be hit by a cold front over the weekend. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Soweto clinic staff 'held hostage' by two patients demanding assistance after closing time: Two patients held staff members of the Protea South clinic in Soweto, Johannesburg, hostage on Thursday, after they were told the facility was closed. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Whale and Dolphin Watching in Algoa Bay?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? Johannesburg has a massive infrastructure: The city has more than 8000 km of water pipes and more than 8000 km of sewage pipes. It has more than 180,000 streetlights and more than 100 water towers and reservoirs. The city also has more than 1700 traffic lights. There are more than 120 community health clinics, 10 environmental health clinics, 35 cemeteries (which cover over 600 hectares) and 59 public swimming pools. The city has 106 dams, 394 public sport facilities and 98 public recreation centers. Despite the fact that there’s a huge amount of infrastructure, Johannesburg still has more 1000 hectares of green space in an around it.
Read more on MyJHB.