Event Details for Gender and Diversity Workshop:
- Date/s: - 22/08/2017
- Times: 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Location: Birchwood Hotel and Conference Centre
- City: Ekurhuleni
Scroll down to see map and to leave a comment.
The Commission for Gender Equality is mandated to ensure that organisations have measures in place to promote gender equality. The Commission recently started conducting audits on large organisations to assess progress, especially where there is under-representation of women at higher occupational levels. This course will make sure that you are compliant!
The Gender Equality Workshop – the purpose of which is to get employers to understand the relevant legislation, the onus that it places on employers and prepare employers on what to expect should they be
called to appear in front of the Commission for Gender Equality – is ideal for:
- Business owners,
- Senior managers,
- HR professionals, and
- EE committees.
In this course, delegates will come away with a knowledge of:
- Legislation applicable to gender equality,
- How responsibilities and resources should be assigned,
- How to create awareness of gender equality,
- Mechanisms for tracking gender equality,
- Women’s representation in management,
- Performance reviews,
- Recruitment practices,
- Capacity building and mentorship programmes,
- Family responsibility,
- How to approach sexual harassment,
- Policy reviews,
- Successes and challenges with gender equality,
- How to keep disaggregated statistics,
- Communication about gender equality,
- Involvement of EE Committee in gender equality.
Workshop Price: R 1 600 (Including VAT). All public courses are subject to minimum delegate numbers
For more information, please contact Lebo on firstname.lastname@example.org or 011 483 3722.