The local KwaZulu-Natal South Coast communities can look forward to a number of exciting outdoor activities as the Spring Fling school holiday programme gets underway from Friday, 20 to Sunday, 29 September. Organised by Ugu South Coast Tourism (USCT), the programme will be a celebration of the region’s beautiful natural resources as well as a way to showcase the warm, community spirit of the KZN South Coast during Tourism Month.
“The KZN South Coast is always excited to welcome visitors from across the country, and even further afield, to experience the incredible sites and facilities we have on offer,” said CEO of Ugu South Coast Tourism, Phelisa Mangcu. “The Spring Fling holiday programme, which will take place across both beach and hinterland venues, is designed to ensure visitors, as well as our local children, are provided with some exciting holiday activities. As a way to showcase all we have on offer, we are also encouraging visitors to explore the agri-tourism initiatives and many pristine nature reserves as well as the immaculate coastline.”
There will be 10 venues (listed below) hosting the Spring Fling holiday programme with events running between 10am and 2pm daily. This organised schedule of events will take place daily (weather dependant) with free entry to all participants. Some of the not-to-be-missed activities include:
– Sporting contests (beach venues): touch rugby, action soccer, action cricket, rounders and volleyball.
– Family games: swing ball, bats and balls, badminton, hoola hoops, tennis, golf, giant pick up sticks and various other sporting activities.
– The Fun Sone: throwing and catching eggs, egg-and-spoon races, sack races, tug-of-war, water bucket balancing, obstacle courses, eating contests and balloon games.
– The Kids’ Zone: sand castle building, treasure hunts, character visits, kids’ golf, hoola hoops, face painting, chocolate egg painting and colouring in.
– Competitions (subject to conditions): dancing contest, talent contest, beauty pageants, Mr Muscle contests, Miss Legs or Mr Six Pack.
The Spring Fling holiday programme
Friday, 20 September: Ray Nkonyeni – Bhetain Sport Ground
Saturday, 21 September: Umuziwabantu – Khwezi Sport Field
Friday, 27 September: Umzumbe – Faithview Sport Ground
Sunday, 29 September: Umdoni – Amandawe Sport Field
Monday, 23 and Tuesday, 24 September: Margate Main Beach
Monday, 23 and Tuesday, 24 September: St Michael’s Main Beach
Wednesday, 25 and Thursday, 26 September: Ramsgate
Wednesday, 25 and Thursday, 26 September: Port Edward
Friday, 27 and Saturday, 28 September: Hibberdene
Saturday, 28 and Sunday, 29 September: Scottburgh
In addition to the Spring Fling, the KZN South Coast has a full programme of activities taking place over the next few weeks. Some of these include:
· The South Coast Fever Mountain Biking Series, which gives cyclists and trail runners the chance to enjoy four diverse terrains – desert, beach, forest and game reserve – will conclude with the Lake Eland Classic on Sunday, 22 September.
· The annual Matat2Pont enduro motorbike ride will run from Friday, 20 to Sunday, 22 September.
· The not-to-be-missed South Coast Carnival from 27 to 29 September.
· The many agri-tourism adventures on offer including the KwaNzimakwe Multi-Trails which forms part of the Great Drives Out initiative, and the KwaXolo Caves with its century-old San paintings.
For more information on these and other events, visit:
Facebook: South Coast Tourism
Follow the handle: #kznsouthcoast
CLICK HERE to submit your press release to MyPR.co.za.
Submit your own Press Release or get free content for your publication.
Video – How to post your Press Release on MyPR:
My Press Release (MyPR) provides free South African targeted content and press releases for on and off line publishers and media. Registering on MyPR enables public relations companies and practitioners to post articles under their own author name. Public Relations Companies and practitioners, event organisers, sports and political writers use MyPR as a distribution mechanism for their press releases, content, images and news. A forever free subscription allows publishers and media free access to all press releases, content and images on MyPR.
This press release is courtesy of MyPR.co.za and was automatically curated and published with WP Robot plugin – CLICK HERE to learn more about WP Robot for WordPress – a massive time and money saver.