Johannesburg in the news:
- People in Joburg shop more, but spend less than in Cape Town, a new report into independent …: A new report found that Johannesburg independently operated stores recorded more transactions that in Cape Town. Cape Town stores, however, … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Eldorado Park identified as hotspot for drugs and substance abuse: Johannesburg – From Eldorado Park to Mitchells Plain and even Sandton and uMhlanga, drugs are tearing families apart, permanently damaging the … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Lanxess miners say sit-in was worth it: JOHANNESBURG – Miners who staged a 9-day underground sit-in say the hardship of the experience was worth it. More than 200 workers finally … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Air Tanzania resumes South African connection after 10 yrs: The first flight took off from OR Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg, recently. Bongiwe Pityi-Vokwana, general manager of OR Tambo … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Former Kaizer Chiefs striker Ryan Moon trains with Hibernian: HIBERNIAN manager Paul Heckingbottom is casting his eye over former Kaizer Chiefs striker Ryan Moon as he seeks to strengthen the Easter Road … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Travelling to South Africa?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? Midrand was established as a municipality in 1981 (in an area known as Halfway House, after its position between Pretoria and Johannesburg), but ceased to be an independent town in the restructuring of local government that followed the end of apartheid in 1994. It was incorporated in the City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality in 2000.
Read more on MyJHB.